Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Swiss Apple Chicken

SWISS APPLE CHICKEN

1 TBSP butter
3 medium apples, sliced
2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
6 chicken breasts
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
3/4 C Swiss Cheese, shredded
1/4 C parmesan cheese, shredded
1/4 c seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 tsp dried thyme
2 TBSP apple juice



In a large skillet saute onion (I used a quarter of a large onion, diced- I'm not too big on onion, just enough for flavor) and apple (I used fuji quartered and thinly sliced) in butter until tender. Tranfered to a greased 9x13 pan. Top w chicken (I used chicken tenders instead of breasts and I put them in a smaller dish 8x8 and only used 5 chicken tenders. If you use breasts I would only use two and butterfly them open so you had thinner pieces). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Combine the cheeses, bread crumbs, and thyme (I used plain bread crumbs so I added some Italian seasons, which I think added some good flavor). Sprinkle over chicken. Drizzle with apple juice then bake uncovered at 350 for 30-35 min until chicken juices run clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment